Are you missing networking over the Summer? Wondering how else you can keep your opportunity radar turned on and how else you can still support your fellow small business and networking colleague?
If it can’t be face to face events because of summer plans and holidays, you can try other things. Such as:
- Like and share their social media posts
- Remember not to just like but share as well. By sharing you are spreading the word and widening the net of networking …
- Comment on their social media posts. Remember to tag people in as well to make sure the message reaches the right person
- Still remember them and refer to them if you can
- Arrange to meet up with them for a catch up after the Summer
- Drop them an email and say hi
- If you come across an interesting article or piece that reminds you of them or you think might be useful for them, forward it on
- Go to their website and see what’s new
- Use the downtime to follow up. Go back through your notes and make sure you followed up on every promise
- Pick up the phone and say hi and reconnect
Hope you find these tips useful and have a good summer.
How much do you know about your competition?
As business owners, there are many stats to keep a track of and many areas of the business to remain on top of. One of the key areas is your competition.
We are not recommending copying them of course, but seeing what they are doing helps understand what you are up against if customers approach you with comparing questions, but also this research will help you be mindful of what they are not doing so you can craft out your niche and your USP.
Reviewing your competition also helps define and analyse keywords and online activity for SEO and online marketing purposes.
So who is your competition?
Think direct and like for like but also think about similar companies even if they are not exactly matching on paper. The competition may be local and national and it may be on and offline.
Marketing Plans created by Pinpoint Marketing covers competition analysis in terms of reviewing their sites and social media profiles, but searching for them and you using Google and keywords.
Forearmed is forewarned as they say …
The latest monthly newsletter …
Announcing our Autumn marketing group workshops … These will cover:
How to create your content and messaging?
The steps to create a Marketing Plan for your business
How to get the most out of LinkedIn
Plus, how a multi channel marketing really can work …
Read the newsletter