Are you organised and accountable when it comes to marketing and running your business?
Top marketing tips from Pinpoint Marketing.
What are the benefits of being prepared?
- The way we think
Here is what I do? Weekly – One other thing I do at the beginning of the week is message or email clients (using their preferred method of communication) and confirm the dates, times and locations of any meetings that week to try and avoid last minute cancellations on both sides. And Monthly – At the beginning of each month, I schedule in my monthly commitments for Pinpoint’s own blog, social media posting, newsletter etc. Plus I schedule in each of my retainer client’s work to eg reporting at the end of the month and writing their social media posts at the beginning of each month.
How can you be more prepared in business situations?
- Diary management – don’t overpack the diary. Tempting I know.
- Block time out – if you want to stay on top of things like your social media, marketing or admin etc, dedicate time in your diary on fixed times in the week/month and don’t let anything go in that space. Get into a routine of being prepared
- REMEMBER to block time out for yourself too.
- Delegate and outsource – being prepared is knowing what is likely to come up in your business situation wise. Outsource. Yes this will cost you but its worth it if it will save you time and stress
- Make lists. This can be pen and paper or a CRM or an online app/tool. Whatever works for you
- Make a plan. Aside from stopping the overwhelm, a plan helps to break down a large task and into smaller bite size sections. This makes it more manageable and easier to get your head around, step by step
- Go prepared to meetings
BUT whilst you are busy creating this new habit and learning to be prepared, try not to overthink it!
We can’t pre empt everything, but we can try.