We can safely say your IT business is in a growing market with ever increasing tech and security needs from clients, and we know that outsourcing IT is a key area too, so this download is aimed at helping you relieve some of the hassle and issues you may be incurring around servicing clients, finding new business, getting more repeat business, more and new marketing ideas, being more consistent in your marketing and sales and doing this all with purpose and spreading out the revenue across all services for stability and growth.
Whether your business is currently gaining more business, or losing business or both at times, or whether you are simply trying to maintain business or even looking to exit or sell the business, here are 10 IT marketing questions to ask yourself TODAY ….
- Do you know which of your clients/sectors are the most profitable? What do these have in common? How did you find them? Can you get more of this type of ideal client, where and how? On this note, when was the last time you or you as a business dug deep or delved into where your leads come from? And then delved further? eg not just from networking but what events or what people? Or not just LinkedIn but which LinkedIn posts or DM’s etc? A really worthwhile exercise to do!
- And is this most profitable client base made up of one or two big clients or spread across the board? You don’t want all of your clients/sales coming from just one basket. And are these clients healthily spread over contracts and retainer clients for a well balance, ongoing revenue stream?
- Are you attracting the right clients for the business? In terms of needs, niche, size, hassle free, they value what you do, they refer to you, they pay on time, they renew etc?
- Is your current/existing client base aware (I mean really aware, not the fact you told them once months ago) of all the services you can help them with from IT support, remote help, cyber security, hardware products etc?
- Have you changed or reviewed youR offering/services to bring them more in line with the current trend of hybrid and remote working? This is a key area for upselling and cross selling as 43% of CISOs say that they have never been as concerned as they are now about their ability to manage the cyber threat. – EY Global Information Security Survey 2021
- And along these lines, have you also reviewed and changed your services to incorporate the latest offering cyber security wise? This is a real concern for business owners. “We find that remote working is one of the top three critical vulnerabilities which can result in a serious cyber incident.” (source)
- Are all of your “team” in whatever format this looks like and/or your fellow director/s or your business partner pulling their weight and supporting you/the business in the plans to grow?
- Are you too bogged down or distracted by finding new customers as opposed to potentially overlooking the opportunities you may already have in terms of existing data, proposals to follow up on, referrals to ask for? Low hanging fruit.
- Could the time you already struggle to find to dedicate to marketing be better used? Marketing today, lead generation and sales is harder than ever so having the expertise and plans are vital to ensure the business is proactive and reactive to change and to new opportunities.
- Have you started to make some plans and set goals for your marketing and business growth in 2024? Or are you a bit lost with your strategic business approach or running out of marketing ideas? Do you need more of a plan to follow to give the activity purpose, to avoid being random and not consistent? Or are you fed up with being ghosted and want tips on how to avoid this?
People will always need tech and IT support, so as a business you are in the ideal scenario of having a big market/big opportunity to tap into.
At Pinpoint, we can bring you new ideas, new ways of thinking as well as making the most of what you have and do, to enable your growth, to maximise your budget and to plug any skills gaps/needs.
BOOK A FREE “ask your questions/get ideas and support” CALL here or use the code
“After two years of running my business it had grown to the point that I needed to move away from standalone acts of marketing like having a website and writing the odd post, to a point where efforts were aligned and planned at a tactical and strategic level. I had a number of ideas but didn’t know in which to invest time and money in and in which order. Nicole did a fantastic job of adding a huge amount of new ideas to my own, backed with research and experience. I now have a clear plan of what to implement and in what order, and have benefited in Nicole’s network with recommendations of other providers should I want help with implementation. Many thanks, definitely a worthwhile investment!”
5HC Systems – tech company